Doritos Flavor Shots Blazin' Buffalo Rush
Taste test: This creation from the Snack Strong Productions division at Doritos had the same chips as Nacho Cheese Doritos but included a Blazin' Buffalo Rush flavor packet to let snackers spice things up.
My first reaction was that I was against this idea, because it forces me to do extra work to enjoy my snacks fully — why couldn't Doritos just apply the extra flavor in the first place (as indeed, they previously did with Blazin' Buffalo & Ranch flavor). First, I ate some plain chips, confirming that they were indeed just regular Nacho Cheese. Then I poured the chips onto a plate and opened the flavor packet. I tried to shake carefully so just enough flavor powder got onto a Dorito. I wasn't very good at this, as it was not easy to make a light coating. What I ended up doing was putting on a fairly heavy coating and then shaking off some of the excess. The taste was quite good, as It was a straight-up Buffalo sauce flavor (no ranch added) with a good kick of heat. But the add-your-own-flavor gimmick really didn't impress me. Not only did it add work, it was also messy and wasn't something that I could do better than the factory could. (Kettle Chips had a better take on this idea by including multiple flavor powders to mix together.)
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Doritos smell when I opened the bag (but not the flavor packet).
From the package: “Flavor Packet Inside” ... “Unleash flavor” ... “Pour it on!” ... “Full flavor force!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- All Flavor Shots (7 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Buffalo Wing Chips (87 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Tedeschi. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road