Doritos Collisions Zesty Taco Chipotle Ranch
Taste test: The new Collisions style of Doritos puts two different flavors of chips in one bag. The hope is that the two flavors create yet a third a taste sensation when eaten together, as with the Hot Wings and Blue Cheese Collisions.
In this case, they combined Zesty Taco chips and Chipotle Ranch chips. I'm not sure what kind of "third" sensation this is supposed to create. The taco-flavored chip tasted like eating a taco, or at least a tortilla chip with taco powder on it (you know, the powder that you add to beef to make tacos). The Chipotle Ranch chips tasted like a zestier version of the Cool Ranch flavor, although even that one never really tasted like Ranch dressing. When eaten together, it was a slightly spicy combination that burned the mouth a little, but not enough that I had to run for a soda. Overall, not a bad flavor, but I prefered the recognizable flavor of Hot Wings and Blue Cheese.
Frito-Lay needs to do more of those types of combinations, like Peanut Butter & Jelly, or Peanut Butter and Fluff. Those would be Collisions worth trying.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like taco powder. Mmmmmmmm.
From the package: “With 2 bold flavors in 1 bag, you control the ultimate Doritos flavor combination. What collisions combo will you unleash?”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (124 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (46 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
- Two Flavors (22 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road