Doritos Collisions Hot Wings Blue Cheese Tortilla Chips
Taste test: This new variety of Doritos combined two different flavors of chips in the same bag.
In the interest of science, we did three separate tastings: each flavor individually, and then combined.
The Blue Cheese chips really did taste like blue cheese dressing. It sort of reminded us of the Cool Ranch flavor, but then the blue cheese kicked in. THe flavor comes in a wave, so if you're not a fan of blue cheese, don't worry, it's not a lingering flavor.
The Hot Wings chip was not overpoweringly hot at first, but the burn did kick in after a certain point. Since these are Doritos, it was not super hot, so we didn't have to grab beverage to cool down.
The real fun was when we ate the chips together to create that a hot wings and blue cheese flavor. In this case, there was a lot of flavor playing tricks with the tongue, as there was a wave of blue cheese and some hotness.
In the end, we liked them better as separate flavors, rather than collided together.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: We expected a much stronger aroma. The bag smells like a corn-flavored Doritos rather than hot sauce or blue cheese.
From the package: “With 2 bold flavors in 1 bag, you control the ultimate Doritos flavor combination. What Collisions combo will you unleash?”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Buffalo Wing Chips (89 snacks)
- Two Flavors (22 snacks)
- Blue Cheese (21 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road