Doritos Collisions Cheesy Enchilada Sour Cream
Taste test: This bag contained two entirely different flavors of Doritos, intermixed. Despite Frito-Lay's valiant effort to brand the bag as "Collisions" and explain the two flavors, most of our tasters either couldn't grasp the concept or ignored the details on bag and just crunched in — in both cases blissfully unaware of the intent of the flavor designers.
The Cheesy Enchilada ones looked like regular Nacho Cheese Doritos or were a bit redder, and they had a spicy and fairly hot taste that was maybe remotely like some of the spices in enchilada sauce.
The Sour Cream ones were paler, with just a tiny bit of orange on the otherwise yellow surface, and they tasted sort of like Cool Ranch Doritos (except without much ranch, but there were some other spices mixed in with the sour cream). Some of the Sour Cream ones toward the bottom of the bag had a lot of green stuff on them too.
It turned out that the whole was much more than the sum of the parts, as the taste turned out to be quite good when people took one of each kind and popped them into their mouths together. It did taste a bit like a cheesy enchilada, with a nice mix of hot and cool.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of tomato ad spices, kind of like an enchilada.
From the package: “16 oz Pounder!” ... “With 2 bold flavors in 1 bag, you control the ultimate Doritos® brand flavor combination.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Sour Cream Chips (37 snacks)
- Two Flavors (22 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road