Doritos Unidentified Flavour
Taste test: This mysterious new Doritos flavor from Canada was hard to categorize.
The chips didn't look all that different from the standard Nacho Cheese Doritos, but most pieces did have a somewhat darker red tint to them. They were quite tasty and had a bit of a kick to them, especially in the aftertaste. I'm thinking that the flavor was supposed to be some sort of salsa. But I shared the Unidentified Flavour with a tasting panel of runners at a bar, we got all sorts of guesses. Many said they tasted just like regular Doritos, in some cases noting the extra heat. Some guessed hot sauce or Buffalo sauce. One said it was just like Cool Ranch except with heat. (Would that make it Hot Ranch?) Regardless of what people though they tasted like, we got no complaints about the taste, as people all liked these Doritos.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells kind of like the usual Doritos, but with the addition of some sweet pepper or pickle or something I can't quite place.
From the package: “Saveur Inconnue” ... “Devenez riche! • Get rich!” ... “Doritos® brand needs a new guru and the job is worth big bucks! Want it? Just name this flavour & send us a guru worthy advertising idea.” ... “You could win$25,000 + 1% of future flavour net sales”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road