Doritos Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Tortilla Chips
Taste test: I'm a big critic of Frito-Lay for making all of their Doritos flavors taste nearly the same, with just different combinations of ingredients.
That said, this new flavor tasted different, with just enough of the familiar taste to know that you're still eating a Dorito. The chips were still yellow with red-orange seasoning (like the Nacho Cheese flavor), but this flavor had a really good barbecue taste — it reminded me of the smoky barbecue potato chip from Herr's. This is going head-to-head with the Doritos Wild White Nacho flavor in the "Fight for the Flavor" and I wouldn't be disappointed if this chip stayed around for a while, because the taste is good enough to last beyond the limited-time-only stage.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells a little like taco powder for some odd reason.
From the package: “Doritos has two new rival flavors and only one can survive. Will it be the mouth rattling rush of Wild White Nacho or the Taste Bud Torching punch of Smokin' Cheddar BBQ? You choose which flavor will escape the battle to crunch another day.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road