Doritos Zesty Cheese
Taste test: These Doritos from Canada had the usual Doritos shape and a light orange/yellow color, with a promise of "Zesty Cheese" as distinct from the more standard Nacho Cheese. The surfaces had more bubbles embedded inside than we're accustomed to from Doritos.
We crunched in to find that the taste was a bit different from Nacho Cheese, not in the sense of being particularly zesty, as in tangy or hot, but it did seem to be a different mix of cheeses. On the Doritos Canada website, they described the flavor as a mix of parmesan and cheddar, which seemed consistent with the taste, though not necessarily consistent with being zesty. Still, good chips, with a slightly different flavor from Nacho Cheese.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Like Nacho Cheese Doritos, but even stronger.
From the package: “Fromage mordant” ... “Snack Boldly®” ... “Ingredients: Selected Corn, Vegetable Oil, Seasoning (Corn Maltodextrin, Whey Powder, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Sugar, Cheddar And Parmesan Cheeses, Corn Syrup Solids, Natural and Artificial Flavours, Colour, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate), Calcium Hydroxide.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road