Taste test: This new take on Doritos (released along with Tapatio versions of Fritos and Ruffles) had a slightly darker shade of orange than the ordinary Nacho Cheese Doritos but otherwise looked fairly similar. On close examination, there were some tiny dark specks of seasoning unevenly distributed over the surfaces, which seemed to account for most of the difference in color.
I crunched in to find the usual Doritos texture with an intense, tasty and fairly hot flavoring. There was a good balance between the Tapatío hot sauce and various kinds of cheese, so it was a nice combination and didn't overly rely on the hot sauce. The heat wasn't nearly as hot as Doritos Flamas but it still still left behind a lingering hot aftertaste.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like regular Doritos except way more intense. On second whiff, I could smell some strong taco powder.
From the package: “Salsa Picante Hot Sauce” ... “Totopos de maíz con especias” ... “Dile hola a Doritos Tapatío”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Fred Meyer, Soldotna, Alaska. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road