Taste test: This new take on Doritos (released along with Tapatio versions of Fritos and Ruffles) had a slightly darker shade of orange than the ordinary Nacho Cheese Doritos but otherwise looked fairly similar. On close examination, there were some tiny dark specks of seasoning unevenly distributed over the surfaces, which seemed to account for most of the difference in color.
I crunched in to find the usual Doritos texture with an intense, tasty and fairly hot flavoring. There was a good balance between the Tapatío hot sauce and various kinds of cheese, so it was a nice combination and didn't overly rely on the hot sauce. The heat wasn't nearly as hot as Doritos Flamas but it still still left behind a lingering hot aftertaste.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like regular Doritos except way more intense. On second whiff, I could smell some strong taco powder.
From the package: “Salsa Picante Hot Sauce” ... “Totopos de maíz con especias” ... “Dile hola a Doritos Tapatío”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (147 snacks)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (590 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Fred Meyer, Soldotna, Alaska. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road