Doritos Taco (Japan)
Taste test: Having previously reviewed a confusing array of of taco-related Doritos flavors including Taco, Tacos at Midnight and Original Taco, I was glad to discover this kind in Japan. I opened the bag to find the usual Doritos look, with mostly a yellow color in this case, with none of the bright orange typical of some flavors.
I crunched in and was surprised that these chips didn't taste anything like any of those other flavors. In fact, the taste didn't seem taco-like at all. It was like a plain Dorito with a very mild sweet and tangy seasoning. I liked the taste a lot, but if I hadn't seen the picture of the taco on the bag (and being unable to read Japanese), I wouldn't ever have guessed "taco" from the flavor alone.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some very mild tangy smell. Not at all like the usual Doritos smell.
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (148 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (169 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (591 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Tokyo. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Lacta Laka Diamante Negro
- Pap's Genuine Beef Jerky Blazin Cajun Style Thin Cut
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road