Doritos Spicy Nacho
Taste test: This version of Doritos from Taiwan came in a very shiny bag with the same logo as the recent American versions (but a very different look from the Spicier Nacho! version that we reviewed many years back).
The triangular chips had a pretty typical Doritos look, but with a light orange color and just a spotty application of orange cheese powder that we've seen applied more heavily on other flavors. I crunched in to find the usual crisp Doritos crunch and an immediate kick of heat — ironically, far more heat than Spicier Nacho — with little to no cheese noticeable on most bites. When I ate several chips in a row, some major heat really snuck up on me, as it was suddenly hot enough that I had to run to the kitchen to get some chocolate milk. Even after swigging some of that, quite a lot of heat returned. Spicy indeed!
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slightly weird cheese smell, not hot.
From the package: “Tortilla Chips Buddy Pack Net Wt. 48g”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (130 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road