Doritos Spice 2.0
Taste test: These Doritos looked much different than any others we've tried, as they had a purplish red flavor powder covering large areas of the otherwise orangeish chips.
It looked particularly purplish when peering into the foil bag, but not quite as purplish after taking a chip out of the bag. Still, purple just isn't a usual snack color, so it was kind of jarring to look at. (The picture on the bag really didn't do the color of the chips justice.) I crunched in to find the usual Doritos texture but not a whole lot of spice (let alone Spice 2.0) on the first bite. But the spice did kick in on the aftertaste, and it was a nice tasty heat. Most tasters liked these, but nobody was particularly enthusiastic, in one case declaring, "Meh."
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really much.
From the package: “What happens when you take over the Internet? Bling bling is what happens. Just ask Jeff Chan who named this flavour and made a video about it that smoked the Doritos* viralocity chart. For this awesomeness, we awarded huge cash.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road