Doritos Sour Cream & Onion
Taste test: This throwback flavor (and packaging) from Doritos tried to recreate a popular flavor from the early years of Doritos.
This flavor was discontinued so long ago that I don't even personally remember eating any. Sour cream and onion is a common flavor on potato chips, but it's nearly unheard of on tortilla chips. The taste of the seasoning on these corn chips was nothing like sour cream and onion potato chips and reminded many of our tasters of Cool Ranch, though these weren't as tangy or as good as Cool Ranch. Nothing spectacular here, but all of our tasters still liked these and enjoyed crunching on a few with some beers.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly the regular Doritos smell. Maybe a little oniony.
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Sour Cream & Onion Chips (138 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road