Taste test: Of all the many flavors of Doritos we've tried (we're talking more than 140), this one from Mexico was one of the only pizza-related ones, which include Pizza Supreme, Collisions Pizza Cravers/Ranch and Pizza-La Curry Monterey. It wasn't the first Frito-Lay tortilla chip with "Pizzerola" in the name — they had a round tortilla chip simply named Pizzerolas.
The chips looked like fairly typical Doritos, with the usual triangle shape and mix of yellow and orange colors. We crunched in to find a fairly mild flavor, a lot like pizza but without much in the way of tomato, but a good taste nonetheless. It came closer to tasting like pizza than the Pizzerolas, but still was farther away than lots of other snacks we've reviewed.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good pizza spices smell.
From the package: “Más producto” ... “Totopos de maíz nixtamalizado sabor pizza” ... “Hecho en México”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Pizza Chips (70 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at La Unica SuperCenter, Greenville, South Carolina. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road