Taste test: Of all the many flavors of Doritos we've tried (we're talking more than 140), this one from Mexico was one of the only pizza-related ones, which include Pizza Supreme, Collisions Pizza Cravers/Ranch and Pizza-La Curry Monterey. It wasn't the first Frito-Lay tortilla chip with "Pizzerola" in the name — they had a round tortilla chip simply named Pizzerolas.
The chips looked like fairly typical Doritos, with the usual triangle shape and mix of yellow and orange colors. We crunched in to find a fairly mild flavor, a lot like pizza but without much in the way of tomato, but a good taste nonetheless. It came closer to tasting like pizza than the Pizzerolas, but still was farther away than lots of other snacks we've reviewed.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good pizza spices smell.
From the package: “Más producto” ... “Totopos de maíz nixtamalizado sabor pizza” ... “Hecho en México”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Pizza Chips (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road