Doritos Mr. Dragon's Fire Chips
Taste test: This much-anticipated new flavor of Doritos was supposed to have a hot wasabi taste, so between the promised wasabi and the fire-breathing dragon on the bag, we were very eager to try it. The chips had a yellow-green overall color (similar to the coloration of the bag) as the yellow tortilla chips had an uneven coating of a wasabi-like green powder.
I crunched in to find that they were very tasty, with an impressive kick of wasabi. The wasabi flavor had a slight delay to it, and it worked well the the underlying corn chip and mix of spices. The Doritos texture was the same, and a bit of the Doritos flavor was still there (kind of like the spices in Cool Ranch), but the wasabi definitely brought these somewhere that Doritos have never been before. Our tasters were impressed, and the wasabi fans came back for seconds. Very ambitious new flavor by Doritos, well executed.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A slightly zesty mix of spices, but no hint of heat or wasabi.
From the package: “From the base of Mt. Fuji, this dragon, a symbol of luck, has brought Doritos® brand one of Japan's most intense flavors”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Wasabi or Horseradish Chips (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road