Doritos Jacked Test Flavor: 404 (Caribbean Citrus Jerk)
Taste test: This mystery Doritos flavor got a number instead of a descriptive name (as did 855 with a red label and 2653 with a blue one). The choice of the number 404 was a curious one, because it immediately brought to mind the Interweb's "Not Found" error. Flavor Not Found? Snack Not Found? We don't know. What we do know is that most of our snackers found these Doritos to be quite spicy and tasty. The chips had a dull orange color generally, with some areas more of a dull-and-dark orange thanks to lots of darker seasoning powder clumped on. They were also extra-extra large as triangular tortilla chips go. We crunched in to find a strong, solid crunch with a good crispness, plus a sweet, citrusy tropical fruit taste mixed into a chili pepper flavor. The lime in particular became even more noticeable in the aftertaste, as did the heat. A reasonably hot but not scary-hot flavor, quite tasty, a great mix of spices, sweetness and lime.
Update, 6/30/2014: Frito-Lay announced that this flavor is Caribbean Citrus Jerk.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly spicy, but also kind of citrusy.
From the package: “Bold flavor experiment” ... “Be a bold taste tester and you could get paid in gold!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Jerk Snacks (6 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road