Doritos Jacked 3D Bacon Cheddar Ranch
Taste test: The revival of the Doritos 3D brand continues, as after a decade of being dormant, we've seen in the span of four months first a Jalapeño Pepper Jack version and now this Bacon Cheddar Ranch one. The snacks had the same shape as the other recent one, not pillow-like like the old days, but instead in some sort of triangular pattern.
I crunched in to find a nice crunch and a Fritos-like texture. The taste was pretty good, but the Doritos folks might have been too ambitious here in attempting to combine bacon, bender and ranch. Mostly I could taste the cheddar, and there was some minor zest to it, but I really couldn't detect any actual ranch or bacon flavor. A fairly subdued flavor for something billed as being "Jacked," but still, pretty good.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot going on. There was something in addition to the taste corn smell, but with bacon, cheddar and ranch all (in theory) crammed in there, I couldn't really smell any of them.
From the package: “A 3D video in every bite” ... “The first chip ever with bite-sized 3D videos inside.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (148 snacks)
- All 3D's (12 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (418 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road