Doritos Jacked 3D Bacon Cheddar Ranch
Taste test: The revival of the Doritos 3D brand continues, as after a decade of being dormant, we've seen in the span of four months first a Jalapeño Pepper Jack version and now this Bacon Cheddar Ranch one. The snacks had the same shape as the other recent one, not pillow-like like the old days, but instead in some sort of triangular pattern.
I crunched in to find a nice crunch and a Fritos-like texture. The taste was pretty good, but the Doritos folks might have been too ambitious here in attempting to combine bacon, bender and ranch. Mostly I could taste the cheddar, and there was some minor zest to it, but I really couldn't detect any actual ranch or bacon flavor. A fairly subdued flavor for something billed as being "Jacked," but still, pretty good.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot going on. There was something in addition to the taste corn smell, but with bacon, cheddar and ranch all (in theory) crammed in there, I couldn't really smell any of them.
From the package: “A 3D video in every bite” ... “The first chip ever with bite-sized 3D videos inside.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- All 3D's (14 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (141 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (124 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road