Taste test: This version of Doritos from Mexico had a light red color, not really a scary red color as we've come to expect from many hot Mexican snacks, but in fairness, the color was similar to the flaming Doritos logo on the bag (the red parts of it, anyway). Speaking of which, we really liked the inferno of a Doritos logo on the bag. Putting the color aside, the "Inferno" name had us expecting some serious heat.
I crunched in to find a tangy flavor that was not particularly hot, at least for the first few bites. Meanwhile, the texture was similar to most of the Doritos we've reviewed, but it was a bit less brittle and less crisp. As I ate more chips, the heat did pick up quite a bit, but it still fell short of the 3rd Degree Burn chips and far short of the Fiery Habanero ones. I ate the whole small bag in one sitting, and there was some heat, but it didn't feel like there was quite an inferno in my mouth.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a vinegar-like sting on first whiff. But not really like hot sauce or anything after that.
From the package: “Disfruta su seductor sabor queso picante y desciende a lo prohibido.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road