Taste test: This version of Doritos from Mexico had a light red color, not really a scary red color as we've come to expect from many hot Mexican snacks, but in fairness, the color was similar to the flaming Doritos logo on the bag (the red parts of it, anyway). Speaking of which, we really liked the inferno of a Doritos logo on the bag. Putting the color aside, the "Inferno" name had us expecting some serious heat.
I crunched in to find a tangy flavor that was not particularly hot, at least for the first few bites. Meanwhile, the texture was similar to most of the Doritos we've reviewed, but it was a bit less brittle and less crisp. As I ate more chips, the heat did pick up quite a bit, but it still fell short of the 3rd Degree Burn chips and far short of the Fiery Habanero ones. I ate the whole small bag in one sitting, and there was some heat, but it didn't feel like there was quite an inferno in my mouth.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a vinegar-like sting on first whiff. But not really like hot sauce or anything after that.
From the package: “Disfruta su seductor sabor queso picante y desciende a lo prohibido.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at San Panchito Grocery, Philadelphia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road