Doritos Flavor Shots Fiery Habanero Triangles
Taste test: We've seen the name Doritos Flavor Shots before — twice, in fact, in the form of tortilla chips bearing the usual Doritos shapes, with an extra packet of add-your-own flavoring powder of the Blazin' Buffalo Rush or Atomic Chile Limon variety — but these were not like those at all.
This kind was shaped like small, hollow triangles and made from a Fritos-like material, with some red-orange seasoning on the surfaces. The shapes were generally a ways from the equilateral triangles pictured, as most pieces were distorted.
I crunched in to find a light, Fritos-like crunch and a tasty mix of corn and spices, but nothing habanero-like or even hot. So I popped a few more pieces into my mouth. That aggressive move proved to be my undoing, as the heat ultimately did arrive in a pretty big way, with a hot habanero kick. It was tasty and hot enough that I went to get some chocolate milk.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like Fritos, with some mild spices, but not notably hot or zesty.
From the package: “Artificially flavored corn snacks”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- All Flavor Shots (7 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Corn Chips (232 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road