Taste test: This flavor of Doritos had a seasoning powder more intensely red than any Doritos flavor we've tried. It was pretty much the same color as the Sabritas Turbos Flamas, though obviously in a Doritos shape this time.
I crunched in and quickly found that these were very tasty chips — and also very hot ones. The first bite had a good mix of hot peppers and lime, but soon after that the heat really kicked in a serious way. Definitely the hottest Doritos flavor so far, with enough heat to really clear the sinuses after eating just two chips. I had a cup of fruit juice to try to temper the hot aftertaste, but the burn came right back and lingered for quite a while. Great!
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a sweet tangy smell, though definitely some peppers in there too.
From the package: “Totopos de maiíz con una mezcla de chiles y especias/flavored tortilla chips”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at CVS Health. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road