Doritos Fiery Fusion
Taste test: This new Doritos flavor appeared at the same time as a identically named Cheetos flavor, and that's a rarity in Frito-Lay's world. It also came on the heels of a similar Lay's Kettle Cooked flavor, Spicy Cayenne & Cheese (as the Doritos and Cheetos were both subtitled "Sizzlin' Cayenne & Cheese" underneath the Fiery Fusion brand).
The chips looked the same as standard Nacho Cheese Doritos, with lots and lots of orange, but I could tell not long after crunching in that they were far different. The first bite brought some sweet and tangy cheese, but shortly after that, the serious heat arrived. So there was lots and lots of heat, though not that much flavor other than heat once the heat really kicked in. The chips were still tasty, but mostly hot. Very hot.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Lots of hot peppers. Made my mouth water.
From the package: “Sizzlin' Cayenne & Cheese” ... “Get ready! The slow-burning fire of new Doritos® Fiery Fusion™ chips is about to be unleashed on your unsuspecting mouth. Things might start smooth with the creamy flavor of cheese, but in no time your tongue will ignite with hot cayenne, jalapeño and spices.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (147 snacks)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (590 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kiki's Kwik-Mart, Brighton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road