Doritos Dinamita Fiery Habanero
Taste test: This edition of Doritos Dinamita promised to be even hotter than the other flavors, Chile Limón and Nacho Picoso, as habanero tends to be one very hot pepper. We've seen the same flavor name from Doritos before, as their more conventional triangular tortilla chips came in a Fiery Habanero flavor several years back. Much like those triangular ones, these had a light orange color with some reddish accents, like the Nacho Cheese ones. This didn't quite match the red on the bag, as the actual snacks looked quite different from other hot flavors like Takis Nitro that have scary, intense shades of red.
We crunched in to find an initial taste that was mild and cheesy, not really a hot chip. Where was the heat? It came in the aftertaste, and it came with some serious intensity. At first the aftertaste also featured some toasted corn flavor, but as the heat grew, it was hard to notice anything but the heat. Very, very hot. Eat a bunch of them, and we're talking serious, major hot. Wow! Hot.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of spices and toasted corn, but mild, no heat.
From the package: “Totopos de Maiz Enrollados/Rolled Tortilla Chips” ... “Están enrollados para explotar de sabor!/They're rolled to explode with flavor!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Bob Whoppererererer. Review published August 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road