Taste test: These chips looked almost exactly the same as the standard Nacho Cheese Doritos in terms of color and texture.
I crunched in to find a fairly mild mix of spices, so though the chips were tasty, there was not really much of a burn. But then, just as I was thinking about how disappointed I was by the lack of burn, I realized that quite a hot aftertaste that had just snuck up on me, particularly in the back of my throat. So yes, there was some burn indeed.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a tangy take on the usual Doritos smell. Not really cheesy.
From the package: “Double the Dare” ... “Want more heat? Try dipping your Doritos Burn in Doritos Hot Salsa!” ... “If purchased in Australia, made in Australia by The Smith's Snackfoods Company Limited, 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, NSW 2067. If purchased in New Zealand, made in New Zealand by Bluebird Foods Limited, I24 Wiri Station Road, Manukau City, Auckland, New Zealand.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Australia (97 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road