Taste test: These chips looked almost exactly the same as the standard Nacho Cheese Doritos in terms of color and texture.
I crunched in to find a fairly mild mix of spices, so though the chips were tasty, there was not really much of a burn. But then, just as I was thinking about how disappointed I was by the lack of burn, I realized that quite a hot aftertaste that had just snuck up on me, particularly in the back of my throat. So yes, there was some burn indeed.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a tangy take on the usual Doritos smell. Not really cheesy.
From the package: “Double the Dare” ... “Want more heat? Try dipping your Doritos Burn in Doritos Hot Salsa!” ... “If purchased in Australia, made in Australia by The Smith's Snackfoods Company Limited, 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, NSW 2067. If purchased in New Zealand, made in New Zealand by Bluebird Foods Limited, I24 Wiri Station Road, Manukau City, Auckland, New Zealand.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Snacks from Australia (97 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Australia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road