Taste test: This was the shortest and simplest name for a Doritos flavor that we've seen in a while, maybe ever. After seeing the name and the heat hype on the back of the bag, I wondered whether this might approach the heat of the Carolina Reaper Pepper-based One Chip Challenge and then gasped as I realized that this is a big bag with lots of chips — 120 of them based on the estimates in the Nutrition Facts.
I opened the bag to find that the chips had some of the same general orange color as Nacho Cheese Doritos, but there was also an even application of an intense red powder. I crunched in to find a nice flavor, a tasty mix of hot peppers and spices, but the actual heat level was really very mild. Doritos has done some very hot flavors, going all the way up to 3rd Degree Burn, but this wouldn't even make the list of hot Doritos, let along be worthy of comparison to the One Chip Challenge. Disappointing.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a toasted corn hot pepper kick, not the usual Doritos smell.
From the package: “It's like licking a volcano” ... “Intense flavor eruption” ... “Cataclysmic crunch” ... “Amped up fiery heat”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road