Doritos 3D Crunch Chili Cheese Nacho
Taste test: After many years in snack purgatory, 3D Doritos have returned, with a Spicy Ranch version hitting store shelves alongside this one, bringing some extra spice to the familiar hollow triangular snack that was last seen in a Nacho Cheesier flavor. The exteriors of the puffed-up triangular pillows had a dull orange color, with some fine darker bits on close examination, and there were subtle ripples in the surface, running parallel to the short side of the isosceles triangle.
I crunched in to find a good crunchy feel, varying in crispness from piece to piece, with a nice chili cheese taste in each case. Despite the identical shape, the experience with these didn't say "Bugles" to me quite as strongly as the Spicy Ranch did. The chili cheese didn't include any heat initially, but after eating many of them in rapid succession (couldn't help myself!) there was a mild burn, not quite as strong as the Spicy Ranch. There's something about this combination of shape/texture/flavor that's very addictive. A very strong comeback for 3D's — I hope they're planning to expand beyond these initial two flavors.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like taco powder.
From the package: “Taking crunch to another level®” ... “Serving size About 27 pieces (28g)”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- All 3D's (14 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (132 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published December 2020.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road