Doritos 1st Degree Burn Blazin' Jalapeno
Taste test: This Doritos flavor was one of three in the "Burn" series of escalating heat levels (along with Buffalo sauce 2nd Degree Burn and Habanero 3rd Degree). We tried them one at a time, in escalating order of degree, to evaluate the relative heat levels.
I liked the bag design, as the front had a picture of a Doritos bag on fire. The chips looked comparable to the standard Nacho Cheese Doritos in terms of texture and color. I crunched in to find a tasty mix of spices, including jalapeno, with a moderate level of heat when eating the first chip. Things got more serious with the second and third chips, as the heat level got fairly intense and I got a few hiccups and went for water. It wasn't super-hot (and as this was just 1st Degree, I didn't expect it to be) but it was still a nice kick of heat, more than I expected. As far as taste, I was more impressed by the long-lost Salsa Verde Doritos but these were still very tasty.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet and tangy version of the usual Doritos smell.
From the package: “Can you take the heat?” ... “New Doritos® Burn flavors and Pepsi Max Cease Fire are the perfect combination of tempting heat and calming cool.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at White Hen Pantry, Main Street, Hyannis. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road