Doritos 1st Degree Burn Blazin' Jalapeno
Taste test: This Doritos flavor was one of three in the "Burn" series of escalating heat levels (along with Buffalo sauce 2nd Degree Burn and Habanero 3rd Degree). We tried them one at a time, in escalating order of degree, to evaluate the relative heat levels.
I liked the bag design, as the front had a picture of a Doritos bag on fire. The chips looked comparable to the standard Nacho Cheese Doritos in terms of texture and color. I crunched in to find a tasty mix of spices, including jalapeno, with a moderate level of heat when eating the first chip. Things got more serious with the second and third chips, as the heat level got fairly intense and I got a few hiccups and went for water. It wasn't super-hot (and as this was just 1st Degree, I didn't expect it to be) but it was still a nice kick of heat, more than I expected. As far as taste, I was more impressed by the long-lost Salsa Verde Doritos but these were still very tasty.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet and tangy version of the usual Doritos smell.
From the package: “Can you take the heat?” ... “New Doritos® Burn flavors and Pepsi Max Cease Fire are the perfect combination of tempting heat and calming cool.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road