Doritos Tortilla Chips Taco Flavor (retro bag)
Taste test: This was certainly the most confusing bag of Doritos ever. It was a retro bag using a design from the 1960s or 70s — that much makes sense to me — but beyond that, things get very hazy.
There have been two taco flavors of Doritos floating around in recent years: Taco and Original Taco. The Original Taco version was a modern bag design that was supposed to revive the recipe from when the taco flavor first came out. (These's been some debate on our Chip Talk forum regarding whether it's really the original recipe.) Now, you would think that a retro bag introduced after the Original Taco would also be retro flavor. Yet, this one says "Taco" and not "Original Taco" — but maybe that's just because it's a retro bag, so Original is implied. However, the back of this bag says "Love Doritos Taco? Look for it in new packaging coming soon" with a picture of not the Original Taco bag but the Taco bag. And yet, I checked the ingredients on this bag, and they actually are a perfect match for the Original Taco.
To top things off, when I went to buy this, the cashier pointed out that it was expired (guaranteed fresh until Feb. 22; I bought it on March 11) and asked if I still wanted it, which of course I did, making it retro in yet another way. Anyway, they tasted the same as Original Taco. Long live Doritos!
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
From the package: “Celebrate Legends Then & Now”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
- Retro snack packages (17 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kiki's Kwik-Mart, Brighton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road