DoDoHan Nacho Mexican Taco
Taste test: These chips were a Korean take on Doritos-style taco-flavored tortilla chips, and they brought a few changes to the common formula for this type of chip.
The surfaces looked a lot like Doritos, with a rough texture and smallish bubbles embedded inside. The most noticeable change before crunching in was the shape. Although both these and Doritos are triangular, these shapes were more isosceles than Doritos, which are closer to equilateral. (End of geometry lesson.) We crunched in to find a Doritos-like texture, which was very nice, but also a flavor that didn't seem all that taco-like. It was hot and tangy, with maybe just a bit of Mexican flavor, but any taco seasonings were secondary to lots of spicy and sweet chili flavor. So it was sort of like Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili, except with a hint of taco in there too. Very tasty. Most of our snackers were very big fans of these, but a few did not like the taste. The ones who did like them ate their way through the bag quickly.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of a mix of taco powder and hot sauce.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil, Mexican Taco Flavor Seasoning”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road