Diego's Hot & Spicy Chips Habanero
Taste test: These potato chips had somewhat wiggly shapes and a light yellow color, with many specks of green seasoning of various sizes on the surfaces, plus a lower density of orange seasoning.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and middling crispness, with a tasty mild pepper flavor at first, followed by some intense heat in the aftertaste. We've tried lots of habanero chips and even more jalapeño chips, but this was the only one we could think of that so openly combined both. (Well, they were open about this in the ingredients, at least, but the bag design certainly put its emphasis on the habanero.) Tasty and hot!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild hot pepper smell, but more like jalapeño than habanero.
From the package: “AY ... is it hot in here? Take your taste buds on a journey to el otro lado with Diego's Habanero Chips. With flavors as wild as the Yucatan and a heat that rivals the rays of El Sol, it's a sure-fire snacking adventure. Vaya con Dios, Amigos.” ... “Our products are nut and gluten-free”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Open Road Snacks
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (247 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (53 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road