Defcorn Sweet & Spicy
Taste test: This corn-based snack looked quite a lot different from most of the others, as it did away with the triangular tortilla chip style and instead looked a lot like pork rinds, with a similar rectangular cut and similar sizes, though less of a puffy look than pork rinds. We crunched in to find a nice crispy, crunchy feel, less airy than pork rinds but still airier than tortilla chips, and quite a nice taste too, spicy and sweet as described, with a moderate heat.
When I reviewed these, I was looking for something to dip into my store-bought guacamole but didn't have any tortilla chips on hand. These were very different chips, but they did the job well, as the scoop-like shapes were good for scooping up the guac, and the guac provided a nice moderation to the hot chips.
One really fun thing about this one was reading the Ingredients. A couple of things in there that I'd never heard of before!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild but slightly sweet and tangy.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn Flour, Sugar, Blended Edible Oil (Palm Olein Oil, Sunflower Oil, D-Tocopherol Concentrate(Mixed)), Spicy Seasoning, Fructooligosaccharide, Soy Sauce, Red Pepper Powder, Gochujang, Salt, Seaweed Calcium, Sodium Bicarbonate.” ... “Product of Korea”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Corn Chips (229 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road