Dandy's Natural Purple Potato Chips Original with Sea Salt
Taste test: Unlike some similar chips that claim to be blue (such as the Terra Blues served on JetBlue), these were sold as being purple, which was a closer description to reality than blue. When we ate some initially indoors, they looked to be a very dark shade of purple. But when we had some later in the bright morning sun, the chips were positively glowing purple.
The chips had wide ripples and curvy shapes. They were were fairly thick and had a soft, crisp crunch. The mouth-feel was very moist, and the potato flavor was quite good. We shared them around (when we were out in the sun enjoying a post-workout breakfast) and everyone willing to try one (which was far fewer than the people we offered some to) really liked the taste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, slightly fruity potato smell.
From the package: “Dandy's Natural Potato Chips are unique. Our product is made from naturally colorful potatoes, rich anthocyanin content, free of any artificial coloring. Our chips are sliced from whole potatoes in a traditional way, not pressed out chips made from potato.” ... “Product of PRC”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (123 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Mountain View Market, Mountain View, California. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road