Crown Caramel Corn Maple Snack
Taste test: This package looked familiar, and yet quite new, as it had a variation of the same mascot used for Crown's Caramel Corn & Peanuts but was different in some major (and strange) ways.
That mascot was clearly the same character, retaining the same distinctive face, teeth and feet. But they changed his green hands to blue, changed his green cowboy hat into a Canadian flag hat, and replaced his gun with a jug of maple syrup (also bearing a maple leaf).
The mascot thing gets weirder. In both cases, his head was made from a peanut. That made sense for Caramel Corn & Peanuts snack, but this snack contained no peanuts!
We opened the bag to find that it contained C-shaped puffs, remotely similar to thick cheese puffs, with a beige/light brown appearance and somewhat shiny surfaces. They looked heavy. The shape was quite different from Caramel Corn & Peanuts, as these were much thicker. We crunched in to find a nice sweetened corn taste, with both caramel and maple in about equal strength. It was similar to a sweetened corn cereal, like Corn Pops, but the feel was quite a bit denser. The pieces were sufficiently big that it was tough to get a whole piece in the mouth at once.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet smell, remotely like maple syrup.
From the package: “Canada Maple Syrup” ... “How to eat more delicious! Buttered Caramel Maple Corn and dip it into the Cinnamon Sugar” ... “Product of Korea”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (34 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road