Covered Bridge The Weekender Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips promised quite a combination of flavors, described by an impressive illustration on the front of the bag: Four potatoes relaxing on Adirondack chairs, with the chairs labeled as Sea Salt & Vinegar, Loaded Hot Dog, Smokin'sweet BBQ and Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño. It didn't say whether there were four different kinds of chips in the bag, or all four flavors on all chips, so we had to open the bag to find out.
On first glance, it was hard to tell if there were four different kinds, as some chips looked much more orange than others, but there wasn't any obvious difference in seasoning powder — none of the chips seemed to have any of it. To solve the mystery, I poured a whole lot of chips onto a plate, made myself a glass of lemonade and ate the chips one at a time. Before discussing the flavor mystery, I must say that they were excellent chips, with lots of rich potato flavor, great crispness and a light crunch. The chips seemed to individually have one of the four flavors, with no real way of telling which was which until a chip hit my tongue. All of the promised flavors seemed to be present, and all were quite tasty. They weren't the strongest flavors at times, particularly the salt & vinegar ones, but the flavors went well together, and the changing flavors from one chip to the next added a major twist to your typical potato chip experience. Excellent!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice zesty mix of spices.
From the package: “Potato Chips Made by Potato Farmers” ... “Dark russet potato chips” ... “The Albright Family Potato Farm began more than 80 years ago when Great Grampy Aubrey planted his first potatoes. Today we carry on an old family tradition with our delicious kettle cooked potato chips that are made just down the road from the Longest Covered Bridge in the World in Hartland, New Brunswick. Each batch is cooked with care like Great Granny Lela made them on her wood fired pot belly stove.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road