Cornitos Nacho Crisps Peri Peri
Taste test: This flavor of Cornitos looked much like the other flavors, with the same orange color and Doritos-like shapes, but it promised the very serious heat of peri peri peppers.
I crunched in to find a whole lot of heat from the very first bite. At first, it seemed a lot like your typical chile and lime chips, except much hotter, but as I ate more, I realized that it did indeed seem more lemony (as promised on the bag) than lime. It was a very tasty heat, growing even stronger as I ate more chips, and lingering for a long while in the aftertaste. The texture was very good, a close match to Doritos.
After eating several chips, I shared the rest of the bag with with a group of snackers, including two fans of hot stuff. The first one is rarely impressed with the heat level of things that promise to be hot. He admitted that these were quite hot, but he didn't find the flavor all that interesting beyond the heat. The other one didn't find them to be all that hot, but he quite loved the flavor, as he really dove in and finished the rest of the bag!
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good tangy smell with some mild heat.
From the package: “Experience the heat of peri peri chili with tangy lemon flavor and then feel the warm African glow” ... “Always a good time for Cornitos.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (93 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road