Taste test: These snacks from Thailand looked a lot like Bugles, with a corn-based material formed into textured, bugle-shaped pieces, except that nearly all of the pieces were kind of flattened. So they looked a little less like actual bugles (different from the ones pictured on the bag), and the openings were so narrow that you couldn't stick them onto your fingertips like Bugles.
Despite the altered shape, they were quite good, with a nice crunch and very nice sweet and salty corn taste that was a lot like Bugles — good enough that I ate almost the whole bag while writing this review.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Weird corn smell, maybe sort of cereal-like.
From the package: “American Corn Snack” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “Serving size: 1/2 bag (24 grams) Servings per container: 2” ... “Percent Thai Recommended Daily Intakes for population over 6 years of age are based on a 2,000 kcal diet.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Phú Cuong Market, Dorchester Ave. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road