Taste test: This version of Combos had the same shape as usual, a hollow tube filled with cheese, but this time the tube was made from corn, with some salt visible on the exterior.
The texture was definitely different than the pretzel and cracker versions of Combos, as the crumbly tortilla texture was quite nice. The jalapeno cheddar filling tasted good and mixed reasonably well with the taste of the tube, but the flavor was weaker than I wanted and got too drowned out somewhat by the tortilla tube — there really should have been a stronger presence of cheese and heat in the overall flavor.
Shop: Buy Combos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good jalapeno cheddar smell. Lots of jalapeno.
From the package: “Crunchy Oven Baked Shell made with Stone Ground Corn with a Jalapeño & Cheddar flavored filling”
Online store: Buy Combos on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Combos (17 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road