Taste test: This version of Combos had the same shape as usual, a hollow tube filled with cheese, but this time the tube was made from corn, with some salt visible on the exterior.
The texture was definitely different than the pretzel and cracker versions of Combos, as the crumbly tortilla texture was quite nice. The jalapeno cheddar filling tasted good and mixed reasonably well with the taste of the tube, but the flavor was weaker than I wanted and got too drowned out somewhat by the tortilla tube — there really should have been a stronger presence of cheese and heat in the overall flavor.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good jalapeno cheddar smell. Lots of jalapeno.
From the package: “Crunchy Oven Baked Shell made with Stone Ground Corn with a Jalapeño & Cheddar flavored filling”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Combos (16 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (590 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (411 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (236 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lesley University Bookstore. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Kettle Chips Farmstand Ranch
- Góralki Nugatowe
- Great Value Stack Attack Barbecue
- Harry Potter Chocolate Creatures
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road