Clancy's Stackerz Sour Cream & Onion Potato Crisps
Taste test: These potato crisps were Aldi's version of Pringles, with the same type of can and even a flavor that Pringles also offers. But they may have gone a little too far in imitating Pringles with this one. The art on the can featured an anthropomorphized crisp wearing a winter hat, holding ski poles and using what appears to be chives for skis — a clever design. However, the face on the chip had a mustache that looked suspiciously similar to the one carefully groomed by Mr. Pringle! (It looked even more like the original Pringles design from the 1960s than than the current one.)
As for the chips inside the can, I was surprised to find that they were shaped a bit differently from Pringles, with a shape more like a bent rectangle with rounded corners than the hyperbolic paraboloid employed by Pringles. They had a pale yellow color without any visible seasoning, green or otherwise. I bit in to find a soft crunch and a mild flavor that was more to the sour cream end of the sour cream-and-onion spectrum than Pringles, still a very nice taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice creamy smell, more sour cream than onion.
From the package: “Naturally flavored” ... “150 Calories Per 1 oz. serving” ... “Product of Canada” ... “No certified synthetic colors”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Aldi, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (337 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (411 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (289 snacks)
- Sour Cream & Onion Chips (135 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Aldi Foods. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road