Clancy's Stackerz Original Potato Crisps
Taste test: These canned potato crisps were clearly a Pringles knockoff, but the mascot didn't make it quite so blatant as Clancy's Sour Cream & Onion and Cheddar versions. Those kinds featured cleverly posed mascots based on the shape of the crisp, both bearing the Mr. Pringle mustache, but in this case the mascot had no mustache, though the bow tie this musically inclined crisp mascot donned (while singing next to a piano) sure reminded me of Mr. Pringle's neckwear.
I opened the can to find that it was filled reasonably close to the top with uniformly shaped crisps that matched the other flavors (and deviated a bit from the shape of a Pringle). I crunched in to find a good light crunch and a whole lot of potato flavor. It didn't quite match the taste of a Pringle, but I liked it, and there was enough salt (which seemed to be concentrated on the concave side) to really bring out a lot of potato taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, strong potato smell.
From the package: “Product of Canada” ... “No artificial flavors”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Aldi, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road