Taste test: This snack from the makers of Takis Fuego promised the same (very hot) flavor, but instead of putting it on the tubular tortilla form factor, in was delivered on the same corn-based stick previously sold with a chile & lime flavor. (This one was also described as chile & lime on the bag, but the original Churritos lacked the fuego.) The sticks had a strong orange-red color, but it wasn't quite as scary as the shade of red on the surfaces of Takis Fuego.
We crunched in to find a very nice crisp corn crunch with a zesty, tangy and spicy hot pepper flavor. It was very tasty but only somewhat hot, as the heat was a full order of magnitude below the very impressively hot Takis Fuego.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild tangy smell, not really quite fuego.
From the package: “Hot chili pepper & lime corn snack sticks artificially flavored” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Corn Chips (232 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road