Taste test: When we were handed this green snack bag from Colombia, it looked like the chips would be similar to Fritos, except that they were flavored with lime. But when we opened it up, several differences quickly emerged, The chips had a slightly lighter yellow color than Fritos, with similar black spots. They were cut a bit wider than Fritos, and their shapes were less curvy
We crunched in to find that the chips were cut much thinner than Fritos and had a much more brittle feel. There was enough lime flavoring that the taste bore little resemblance to regular Fritos — the lime was far more intense than any salty corn flavor that was present, so lime was just about all we could taste. If you don't like lime, don't even think about it, but if you're willing to try a much different corn chip and like your lime, give these a try.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild lime smell.
From the package: “Pasabocas de Maíz Sabor Artificial a limón” ... “¡Crocantes tortillas de maíz con sbor a limón acidito!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Colombia (42 reviews)
- Corn Chips (228 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Chips (153 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Andrea Gutierrez in Colombia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road