Chippy Garlic & Vinegar Corn Chips
Taste test: When it comes to chips, we often find combinations of onion & garlic, or salt & vinegar, but this garlic & vinegar duo is a rarity. We opened the bag to find that the corn chips looked like Fritos, with a similar yellow color featuring some black spots, plus the same narrow widths and wiggly shapes.
We crunched in to find a nice sweet garlic taste initially, with the onion arriving in the aftertaste. The chips seemed to be a little less crisp and to have a softer crunch than Fritos. It was harder to notice the taste of the corn than it is with plain Fritos, but it seemed like that was mostly because of the strong garlic and onion, which was pretty tasty on its own. Good chips.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Something mild, but neither garlic nor vinegar.
From the package: “Guess there's just no explaining the craving for Chippy Garlic 'n Vinegar from Jack 'n Jill. It could be the original crunch that makes it everybody's favorite. Or it could be the tongue tickling combination of garlic and vinegar. Maybe it's the crunch and the flavor. Or the flavor and the crunch. Whatever!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Philippines (62 reviews)
- Corn Chips (227 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
- Garlic Chips (103 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
- Tayto Muchos Nacho Cheese
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road