Taste test: These round tortilla chips were a somewhat dark shade of red, with some black spots and kind of a rough surface.
They were on the brittle side, but they were also quite crisp. There was a tasty but not particularly strong chile and lime seasoning on the chips, far weaker and less lime-intensive than many chile and lime chips out there, but this was generally a positive, as the chile and lime combination is often way too much. At first, it seemed like there was no heat in the flavoring, but as I ate more, there was a noticeable hot aftertaste.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild but very nice chili and lime smell.
From the package: “Why settle for ordinary? When you can have Extraordinary! Chipitos Tortilla Chips pack-a-punch with extraordinary flavors and out of this work crunch! Chipitos start with the best — 100% whole grain corn, for 100% goodness. No short cuts here — it's carefully stone ground to perfection. Now for the Zing! Fabulous flavors inspired from across the globe. Sweet Chili Lime is the perfect combination of spicy heat and tangy zest.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Bachman (26 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Chili Chips (223 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Chips (152 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road