Chipitos Salt & Pepper Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These round tortilla chips were crisp but fairly brittle, so there were lots of broken pieces in the bag.
Since we've enjoyed so many good salt and pepper potato chips, we were eager to taste whether the concept could be successfully extended to tortilla chips. Results were inconclusive, because Bachman's decided to put a very, very mild pepper seasoning, just at the threshold of even being able to taste it. When I ate a chip looking for pepper taste, I could find just the slightest bit, but if I didn't know it was supposed to be there, I might not have it noticed at all. There was a slight pepper aftertaste, more peppery than the initial taste.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just a regular tortilla chips smell. Can't smell any black pepper.
From the package: “Why settle for ordinary? When you can have Extraordinary! Chipitos Tortilla Chips pack-a-punch with extraordinary flavors and out of this work crunch! Chipitos start with the best — 100% whole grain corn, for 100% goodness. No short cuts here — it's carefully stone ground to perfection. Now for the Zing! Fabulous flavors inspired from across the globe. An all time favorite — classic salt & pepper like you've never tasted before!”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Bachman (26 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (128 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road