Chipitos Salt & Pepper Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These round tortilla chips were crisp but fairly brittle, so there were lots of broken pieces in the bag.
Since we've enjoyed so many good salt and pepper potato chips, we were eager to taste whether the concept could be successfully extended to tortilla chips. Results were inconclusive, because Bachman's decided to put a very, very mild pepper seasoning, just at the threshold of even being able to taste it. When I ate a chip looking for pepper taste, I could find just the slightest bit, but if I didn't know it was supposed to be there, I might not have it noticed at all. There was a slight pepper aftertaste, more peppery than the initial taste.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just a regular tortilla chips smell. Can't smell any black pepper.
From the package: “Why settle for ordinary? When you can have Extraordinary! Chipitos Tortilla Chips pack-a-punch with extraordinary flavors and out of this work crunch! Chipitos start with the best — 100% whole grain corn, for 100% goodness. No short cuts here — it's carefully stone ground to perfection. Now for the Zing! Fabulous flavors inspired from across the globe. An all time favorite — classic salt & pepper like you've never tasted before!”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Bachman (26 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road