Chio Taccos Texas Barbecue Flavor
Taste test: These ring-shaped potato snacks were fairly small at about an inch in diameter, with a light beige color and just a hint of orange seasoning. They were a bit bigger than Hula Hoops and Ringolos but had a much less dense feel, more like the much larger Funyuns-style rings. The big appeal here was the "Taccos" name because we love tacos (and "Taccos" seems close).
We crunched in to find a nice, mildly tangy seasoning that worked well with the potato, but it didn't have a strong Texas barbecue taste, nor any taco taste. But they were nicely crisp, light and tasty. It was fun to offer them around to people saying, "Would you like to try some Taccos?" knowing that these potato rings were probably the last thing that the question would bring to mind.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very middle tangy. Only remotely barbecue-like, and not at all taco-like.
From the package: “Premium quality” .... “Made in Germany” ... “The Chio quality promise for premium pleasure” ... “The very best ingredients” ... “Distributed in the USA by Markpol Distributors Inc.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (60 reviews)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Ring-shaped Snacks (75 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road