Chicken Pop Sweet Caramel
Taste test: This narrow, tallish bag contained small, nugget-sized pieces in all sorts of irregular shapes, with a golden caramel color.
We crunched in to find that the odd-looking pieces were kind like caramel-coated (cheeseless) corn puffs, with a good crispness, middling crunch and a good caramel taste, along with some corn to taste too. The king of the caramel-coated puff is Shearer's Caramel Corn Puffs, but the execution here was a bit different, as Chicken Pop was crunchier, denser, had a thicker caramel coating and didn't taste quite the same. They were very good, but neither the taste nor the texture brought them to the world-class standout level of the Shearer's ones.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild caramel smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn Flour, Sunflower Oil, White Sugar, Palm Oil, Black Sugar, Syrup, Potato Flake.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Caramel Snacks (343 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road