Chex Mix Spicy Szechuan
Taste test: This version of Chex Mix consisted of Corn Chex heavily seasoned with an orange-red seasoning, plus assorted shapes of Japanese rice crackers and some dried green peas.
The seasoning was much stronger than I expected, as it was spicy and fairly intense, and it really did taste like some intense Szechuan spices. The rice crackers didn't have as much of the spicy seasoning on them as the Chex did, but they did provide a nice contrast of texture, as the Chex were crisp and cereal-like (obviously) while the rice crackers were much more rigid but still crunchy. The peas were not wasabi peas, unfortunately, but even without any wasabi, this was a pretty intense mix. Very good.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice spicy smell.
From the package: “Loaded with your favorite Chex® cereal pieces, and flavorful crackers in many shapes!”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Party Mixes (134 snacks)
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road