Chex Mix Xtreme Sweet & Spicy Sriracha
Taste test: This flavor of Chex Mix promised to be "Xtreme" so we figured that it would be quite a bit bolder than your typical Chex Mix flavors by virtue of being Sriracha flavor.
We opened the bag to find that in additional to the usual Chex Mix suspects, the mix included things that looked a lot like Crunchy Cheetos (though very light orange and thinner), so that was a promising change. The rest of the mix consisted of Corn and Wheat Chex with lots of seasoning, pretzels shaped like small circles and 2x2 grids, plus some light-colored melba toast.
We crunched in to a handful of stuff to find a nice mix of textures with a tangy taste that was kind of like Sriracha but without the heat initially and with plenty of the promised sweetness. There was some heat in the aftertaste, but it was quite mild (though tasty). So the mix wasn't "Xtreme" in the sense that, hey, this is Sriracha, so be prepared for some real heat, but it still was quite tasty. Our snackers were impressed.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like the Worcestershire smell of the standard Chex Mix.
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Pretzels (546 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (155 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
- Sriracha Snacks (32 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road