Chex Chips Cheddar Jalapeño
Taste test: This latest variation of Chex-in-a-snack-bag did away with the Mix part and made the Chex quite a bit bigger than what we've come to know as Chex from the cereal. Each one was about an inch square and shaped like a pillow, with a hollow interior and a pattern of small holes running diagonally across the surface.
We crunched in to find a crisp, fairly light feel with a pretty good jalapeño taste, more jalapeño than cheddar. They really didn't resemble Chex at all in texture or taste — they were a much closer match to the discontinued Ruffles 3D's. As for being "Chips" they were more like puffs than chips, or like cereal (but not like Chex). Real Chex tend to identify themselves by one grain, with wheat, corn, rice, etc., but these did not. We checked the ingredients and found that they were made from wheat, corn, rice, barley and oats.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely some jalapeño.
From the package: “Giant chips. No mix.” ... “You're about to experience a multigrain chip like no other. A bigger, puffer version of the Chex squares. You'll love that unique pattern in a light and crunchy chip.”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (419 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (155 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road