Chester's Snack Mix Crazy Cheddar
Taste test: This bag marked a major departure in the way Frito-Lay markets their party mixes, as they've gone beyond the longtime Munchies brand name and let Chester Cheetah (of Cheetos fame) join the party.
The mix included fairly large knotted pretzels; cheddar popcorn; things that looked sort of like midsize cheese balls, except with more of tube shape than a ball shape; and chili cheese fries. Between the presence of Chester on the bag and the "Crazy Cheddar" name, I was eager to try this mix, and I expected a lot of flavor. Unfortunately, Chester really disappointed. The best element was the chili cheese fries, which were crispy, light and fairly flavorful, though far less flavorful than most chili cheese fries. Next best was the cheese balls, which were crisp and pretty good. Things went downhill from there. The popcorn had a good helping of cheddar, but the kernels were not crisp. The pretzels didn't fit into the mix well at all, and they had barely any salt on them. So for something so promising, it was a bland, bland mix.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like taco powder.
From the package: “The snack was designed to drive your taste buds will. It's fully loaded with cheesy popcorn, sizzling chili cheese fries snacks, savory cheddar puffs and seriously twisted pretzels. It doesn't get any better than Crazy Cheddar brand flavored snack mix.”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Chester's (13 snacks)
- Popcorn (567 snacks)
- Pretzels (550 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (420 snacks)
- Fries (146 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Johnnie's Foodmaster. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road