Chester's Poppers Cheddar Crunch Fries
Taste test: Chester Cheetah's latest entry in the crowded market for fries in a bag consisted of hollow, square-profile sticks about two inches long, with the ends cut at an angle. They were potato-based, and the surfaces had a beige potato color, along with a good helping of orange seasoning. We crunched in to find that the mix of processed potato and cheddar was pretty bland. There was a soft crunch and a fairly ordinary potato-and-cheese flavor.
Considering the high esteem in which we hold Chester Cheetah, plus the fact that the other Poppers snack we tried, BBQ Spirals, didn't impress us either, this was very disappointing. If you're going to get fries, don't get these; if you want fries from Chester, the corn-based Chili Cheese Fries and Flamin' Hot Fries were way better. If you want something potato-based, you can get some good ones without leaving the Frito-Lay family of brands, as the Ruffles Crispy Fries were excellent. There are also lots of other fries available from dozens of other companies.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty good cheddar del, like Cheez Wiz.
From the package: “The poppable snack that's a hit anytime! Smack a cheesy smile on your face with bite-sized Cheddar flavored Crunch Fries snacks”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Monet Vegetable Entertainer Crackers
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road