Chester's Poppers Cheese Pizza Waffle Rounds
Taste test: When we saw this bag, the close-up picture on the front highly resembled one of the four Cheetos shapes in the Cheetos Cheezy Mix-Ups, which is made from corn meal. Since the other two kinds of Chester's Poppers that we'd already reviewed (BBQ Spirals and Cheddar Crunch Fries) were potato-based, it seemed strange that they would use this new Poppers brand for a corn snack, so we checked the ingredients and found that this too was potato-based (with wheat also). We opened the bag and were surprised that the snacks didn't quite match the picture. They had the same general circle-with-grid-inside shapes, but everything looked thinner and lighter, with smoother surfaces.
We crunched in to find that the texture matched the ingredients — it had the crisp feel of a half-wheat/half-potato puff with a nice cheesy pizza flavor. The feel was much different than the corresponding shape in the Cheetos bag, but the result was very good. This was easily the best of the three Poppers varieties.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good pizza smell. Tomatoey.
From the package: “Take your taste buds for a delicious ride with Cheese Pizza artificially flavored Waffle a Rounds snacks.”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road